A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Friday, October 29, 2010

Inbetweening assignment - Aisling

We were asked to inbetween a keyed-out 1-character scene from "The Secret of Kells". I already knew this movie and loved its visual style. However, trying to uphold this style in inbetweening made it a much more difficult task than let's say something softer or squishy.


The teacher made some small changes in the time-charts to ease our burden. The end is mostly keys on 'ones', so most of our workload lay in the beginning, where the movement is much more subtle. It was tricky, trying to determine a third of a milimeter, but I loved the practice in interpreting time-charts. I feel that even though this is technically considered low-brainwave work I feel like I've gotten more comfortable with the workings of time-charts. Seriously, those scared me...

(Her mouth had overlapping with the main keys and is supposed to be on a separate layer, so we could just disregard that part)

No comments:

Post a Comment