A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

-emotions-

Teacher decided we should have a little sketching fun drawing the basic 4 psycholigical states on a simple character. The 4th word is supposed to be scared, not surprised; I just copied down the wrong note...
Then we were told to do the same states, using roughly the same poses, but to push it further, taking into consideration aspects such as readability, shapes and silhouettes. Upper sheet is 1st attempt, lower is 2nd attempt.
My personal favourites are the second attempts of angry (lower left) and the scared/surprised ones. They have a nice flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment