A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Floursack assignment

Our final assignment with Uri involved 'The Floursack'.
The main challenge in this particular assignment was that this time, instead of making one ourselves, we were provided with a storyboard and a strict timeline that we had to obey. We had to animate the scenes involving the character (the floursack), but we were not allowed to articulate any limbs or joints or facial features.
It still needs some inbetweens, but this was the final daily I did for this assignment.

Personally, and others agree, it came out too light for a sack of flour, and there is an issue of continuity near the end, but I'm not unhappy with it - an animated floursack has its appeal, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment