A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Animation Basics (part 2)

This is the "Ball with Attitude" assignment.

We were asked to pick an attitude (from a hat) and animate that attitude into a ball and add a tail as a follow-through. I drew 'proud'. It came out more like confident (which incidently was also one of the options, but not mine) or triumphant. I wanted to convey that the ball strutted through the room as if it owned it. We also did reference acting for this assignment to get the timing and acting down. T'was good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment