A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Midway Test: Sneak, Notice, Take


Despite some scary skinning-glitch on the jaw, I managed to copy my process so I didn't have to re-do everything up until the moment I discovered the error. That'll teach me to test the rig fully through before blocking anything out.

The story I made up for this test is as follows:  
Character backstory: Charles is a married man in his late twenties. He is very neat and easily agitated and sensitive. He had a strict mother and an emotionally absent father, which has left him a rather quiet fellow. Even though he is shy Charles enjoys the company of others. He prefers to keep his mouth shut, lest he offend someone.  
Story of the shot: Charles has forgotten his coat at his mother-in-law’s apartment. He is a bit afraid of disturbing her and not wanting to be of any trouble he sneaks back in to fetch the coat on a cupboard. He hears the floorboards creak and turns to see his scary mother-in-law in her underwear (because she was about to go to bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment