A Student at TAW

Hello there, people. I am a Character Animation student at The Animation Workshop.

After finishing school I went to The Drawing Academy to gain knowledge of/and skills in classical drawing techniques. I then applied for the The Animation Workshop for the second time and struck gold! This blog sums up what I've done and is doing now, both in school and for personal fun...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Layout

2 out of 3 layouts I did for Layout class, taught by Marec Fritzinger - very charming fellow.
I had no idea what layout was until then, and now I have even more people I must pay respects to, when watching my favourite animated movies.

These are two layouts done by hand with light blue prismacolour and HB pencil, based on a deleted-scene storyboard from "The Emperor's New Groove".

Here, showing first the actual, full layout and below it, the final 16:9 composition. I wanted a sad and oppressed feel.




You do get to brush up on your "perspective-drawing skills". Here's the second one and it's final version below:




I even did a style guide, to use as reference for what Mayan symbols to use within the city, the scale and shapes of things and such. ANd then I just taped on a clean-up version of the character for model reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment